The Modern Slavery Bill has come into force in January 2019. Large companies are now required to produce an annual Modern Slavery Statement which discloses their operations and supply chain, how they may contribute to modern slavery and what they are doing to address those risks.
As with our other procurement services, at the core of our solutions are tools, expertise and methods that efficiently measure impacts throughout complex supply chains. We help organisations:
- Understand where their risk lies
- Visualise the supply chain and develop awareness around modern slavery risk
- Prioritise management actions to mitigate risks
- Develop policies, processes and systems to integrate in procurement processes
- Work with suppliers to implement solutions
Beyond basic compliance with the legislation, a focus on Modern Slavery offers immense opportunity for organisations to position themselves as leaders in ethical supply chains and transparency.
- Modern slavery risk hot spot identification
- Detailed analysis of high-risk categories, products or suppliers;
- Implementation of practical processes to mitigate risks;
- Development of a reporting statements
- Education for staff and decision makers
- Capacity building for staff and suppliers