Science Based Targets Services
Targets adopted by companies to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are considered “science-based” if they are in line with the level of decarbonization required to keep global temperature increase below 2 degrees Celsius compared to pre- industrial temperatures, as described in the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC AR5).
Globally, we are currently emitting 40-50 billion tonnes of GHG every year. The best scientific advice is to emit no more than 1,000 billion tonnes of GHG into the atmosphere. Which mean we need to act decisively and swiftly, across every sector of society, business and governments. We need to achieve carbon neutrality globally by 2050-2070.
Every organisation need to establish their science-based targets for GHG emissions and develop a solid and credible plan to reduce emissions accordingly.
The Science Based Targets initiative is a partnership between CDP, UN Global Compact, WRI and WWF, which helps companies determine how much they must cut emissions to prevent the worst impacts of climate change.
- Increase credibility of climate target and get recognition and exposure by NGOs
- Demonstrate leadership, build on a green reputation to increase stakeholder value and attract excellent talents
- Outperform sector peers in benchmarks, increase rating scores and attractiveness for investors
- Get long term guidance to steer investments, drive innovation and transform business practices
- Save money and increase competitiveness by gaining insight in company performance and improvement potential
- Gain insight in required sector transformations and position for upcoming policy regulations
Edge are recognised experts in measuring and managing organisational and product life cycle environmental and carbon impacts.
To bring best available international expertise to Australia, Edge are working in partnership with Ecofys, the internationally leading experts in energy policies, climate strategies and policies, energy systems and markets, urban energy as well as sustainable industries and services.
Together, we bring the best of life cycle expertise and inside knowledge of the Science Based Targets initiative to creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients. The perfect solution for Australian companies aiming to join the hundreds of leading organisations around the world committed to science-based targets and a low carbon future.