Research, Policy & Tool Development
Edge Environment recognise that sustainability challenges are industry and organisation specific. Our tailored research, policy and tool development services provide clients with the information, analysis, bespoke tools and policy recommendations to support more sustainable outcomes. Edge Environment also has an ongoing internal research program that supports our consulting service by developing knowledge and driving innovation.
We will help you develop sustainability solutions that are specific to the challenges of your organisation and industry. Your needs may include:
- Market Research to underpin strategy and policy development
- Stakeholder Engagement to inform Policy Development
- Tools and processes to streamline sustainability decision making
- Information and industry benchmarking to focus policy development or strategy
- Conversion of complex sustainability issues in to simple and easy to communicate formats
- Synthesis and analysis of literature
Edge Environment has a unique combination of technical expertise, research capability and industry experience to ensure that we can tailor solutions to your needs. Our focus is on developing science based and cost effective tools, policy advice, strategies and training materials.
All of our research and tool development are created with the intent of reducing the time and cost associated with implementing our services. Examples of services that have been tailored to clients needs include:
- A tool to measure the resilience of houses to extreme weather events in collaboration with the insurance industry
- Conversion of technical content in to a short animated film for use in marketing purposes
- Research in to policy gaps for extreme heat and bushfire within the NSW housing market
- Market reports to inform policy direction for energy efficiency in the Australian building products market for the Federal government
Edge Environment is also qualified to a number of government panels that recognise our expertise in policy development including Federal Government panels for Energy Efficiency, Research and Analysis and Environmental Quality. We are also registered and approved providers for NSW Government Tenders and the Local Government Procurement Panel.