Targets adopted by organisations to reduce greenhouse gas emissions are considered “science-based” if they are in line with the level of decarbonization required to keep global temperature increase to no more than 1.5°C compared to pre-industrial temperatures. The Science Based Targets initiative is a partnership between international organisations and NGOs that independently review and approve organisations’ greenhouse gas emissions targets.
Adopting a Science Based Target will help your organisation:
- Demonstrate leadership, build on a green reputation to increase stakeholder value and attract new staff
- Outperform sector peers in benchmarks, increase rating scores and attractiveness for investors
- Get long term guidance to steer investments, drive innovation and transform business practices
- Save money and increase competitiveness by gaining insight in company performance and improvement potential
- Gain insight in required sector transformations and position for upcoming policy regulations
Edge have had the privilege of developing a number of published Science Based Targets, including the region’s first (for Singtel-Optus) and one for our own business. We have also worked or are currently working on comparable carbon footprinting and target-setting projects for companies spanning sectors from property, timber, infrastructure and fashion to food and beverage production.