Global emissions reduction commitments and intensifying public demand for action on climate change have increased pressure on organisations to clearly define and implement evidence-based greenhouse gas emission reduction strategies. An effective emissions reduction strategy must assess the full suite of mitigation opportunities across all emissions scopes against cost, feasibility, future trends and stakeholder impact.
Developing an evidence-based greenhouse gas reduction plan will help your organisation:
- Benchmark your current emissions baseline across scope 1, 2, and 3 against peers and previous performance
- Understand and prioritise the full suite of mitigation actions available spanning technology utilisation, procurement, policy mechanisms, operating processes and behaviour change
- Assess the impact of a range of future emissions reduction scenarios and establish a future emissions target accordingly
- Develop a detailed and time-bound action plan that addresses the people, processes and systems needed to achieve that target
- Effectively engage internal and external stakeholders to bring them on the journey
- Report and Disclose to internal and external stakeholders using suitable reporting frameworks such as the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
Edge is a market leader in both climate mitigation and adaptation with extensive experience across industry and public sectors. Our multi-disciplinary team includes economists, certified LCA professionals, Climate Active consultants, with extensive experience across industry and public sectors.
- Scopes 1, 2 & 3 measurement
- Abatement potential
- Abatement cost
- Roadmap development
- Reporting and disclosure (e.g. TCFD)
Managing Director and Co-founder