LCA and Environmental Product Declaration for Kingspan
These new publications comply with the requirements for manufacturer specific EPDs under the Green Building Council of Australia’s Green Star rating system in that they:
- Conform with ISO 14025 and EN 15804;
- Have been verified by an independent third party;
- Have at least a cradle-to-gate scope.
The publications are based on cradle to grave Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), and can also help project teams conduct a Green Star compliant, whole-of-building, whole-of-life LCA to obtain additional points under the Materials category of the current Design & As Built and Interiors rating tools, as well as under the Innovation Challenge category of the legacy Green Star rating tools.
Kingspan has published EPDs for:
- Kingspan Wall Insulated Panels
- Kingspan Roof Insulated Panels
- Kingspan K-Dek PVC and TPO Roof Insulated Panels
The EPDs were authored by Kingspan Insulated Panels and Edge Environment and independently verified by Jane Anderson with thinkstep in the UK.