I have previously worked on the contractor’s side of sustainability, overseeing the data capturing, reporting and project managing of sustainable deliverables under the ISCA framework before moving to Edge at the start of 2020. I have previous experience in Quantity Surveying as I worked as a Junior QS for one of the largest construction companies in Africa before my permanent relocation to Australia.
My favourite projects are those that challenge me and require some degree of thought and planning to see it successfully executed whilst leaving the client smiling. Technical due diligence, a good relationship with the contractor and project management are some of the ingredients required to see a successful project delivered under the ISCA framework.
Some of my key responsibilities are:
– Delivery of resource modelling for ISCA projects
– Development of credit summary forms for projects registered under the IS framework
– Delivery of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) modelling for various Green Star projects
– Development of management plans
Some of the most notable projects I have worked on are:
– Resource modelling for the Rozelle Interchange project
– Inland Rail’s Parks to Narromine ISCA rating delivery
– Whole of life LCA modelling and reporting for 200 Victoria Place in Melbourne
Most of my work is focused around construction sustainability and delivering various rating systems for our clients. I believe much more can, and is needed to be done to ensure that sustainable practices are implemented as the construction industry is one of the largest contributors to GHG emissions. My personal goal at Edge is to help clients implement the ISCA framework on their projects in order to divert as much GHG’s that would have otherwise ended up in the atmosphere.
In my spare time, I love to garden, fish and analyse the stock market looking for the next ‘sure thing’.