I have primarily worked in construction and property, with a broad cross-section of experience across this sector, including accreditation in Living Building Challenge, Green Star, NABERS, as well as experience with other rating tools such as Passive House, WELL etc.
I have worked on some of the largest PPP’s in the country on both sides of the fence and am highly experienced in delivering on sustainability objectives even in complex contractual arrangements.
Generally any project that stretches my abilities or gives me an opportunity to push the envelope will end up being a favourite of mine. Some of these include:
· State Technical Advisor, New Footscray Hospital Project – This is a brand new $1.5bn hospital delivered as part of a Public Private Partnership – the biggest non-infrastructure PPP in Victoria for a decade. My role was to establish a sustainability strategy for the project, prepare the sustainability portions of the Project Scope and Delivery Requirements (PSDR), reviewing and evaluating design bid submissions, meeting financial close, reviewing and advising on design phase submissions.
· Victorian Melanoma & Clinical Trials Centre (VMCTC) – I established a sustainability strategy for this cutting edge building to operate fossil fuel free, with an option to be carbon neutral within a year of operation.
· Sustainable Prisons Guide Review and Update – Reviewed and updated the existing Sustainable Prisons Guide in collaboration with key stakeholders within the Department of Justice. This update set up the capital works program for a transition to a new, more sustainable future.
I completed a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering at Monash University in 2010.
I work in sustainability because I found an internship in renewable energy in Austria during university (I just wanted to travel). It ignited something in me and I’ve never turned back!
In my spare time you will generally find me obsessing over a new exercise regime, pretending to be a green thumb (but killing the plants), or quietly judging people for their choices in movies or music.
- LCA Accredited Professional
- EPD Verifier
- Climate Active Registered Consultant