Edge Environment’s monthly ‘Make More Good’ donation sends $300 to a worthy cause nominated by a staff member. In November, Jonas Bengtsson chose WWF to be the recipient.
Over the past 50 years, WWF has grown into the largest and most influential independent conservation organisation in the world. WWF operates in more than 100 countries driving change and partnerships to:
- Protect those endangered species most in need.
- Protect our marine environments, imperative to sustain life on Earth.
- Demonstrate how sustainable food production and consumption can be to a growing population and the planet that sustains us.
- Limit global warming to 1.5° Celsius above pre-industrial levels by the end of the century
- Achieving net-zero carbon pollution in Australia before 2050
- Achieving 100% renewable energy in Australia before 2050, including 100% renewable electricity before 2035.
WWF’s mission and activities are aligned with Edge’s, and the role of constructive NGOs are critical to delivering the change we need in both the private and public sector. Recently we have experienced first-hand the impressive work WWF is doing driving and supporting business to set science-based targets, with Singtel Optus becoming the first Australasian company to get their Science-Based targets approved.
This month we are donating $300 to support WWF’s impressive and focussed work on the local and global arena.