Edge Environment is currently hiring a Life Cycle Assessment Consultant; role requirements and application details are outlined below. We look forward to hearing from suitable candidates.
Status: Full-time position
Start date: August 2017
About Edge Environment
Edge is a consultancy that helps clients to ingrain sustainability into their cultures, both for responsible and commercial performance. This helps our client companies deliver business value that is both impressive and inspiring for the communities in which they operate. We are passionate about what we do and the positive impact it can have.
Due to an increase in projects requiring life cycle assessment (LCA) skills, Edge Environment is expanding our LCA team. This is a unique opportunity to work among some of the foremost LCA practitioners in Australia. The right candidate will have:
- Experience and expertise conducting LCAs independently
- Experience in SimaPro and interest in learning other tools, e.g., OpenLCA, GaBi
- Experience and interest in environmental product labelling, including Environmental Product Declarations
- Excellent report writing and Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience and interest in building and infrastructure modelling
- Experience in life cycle costing and externality costing
- Experience in macro-economic modelling in the context of consequential LCA
- Skills in waste scenarios and end-of-life modelling for different materials (inert, organic, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory policy that involves LCA and life cycle thinking, in Australia and internationally (e.g., European Union Product Environmental Footprint)
- Experience and interest in database management and tool development/programming
You will also have:
- A passion for sustainability
- Exceptional organisational skills and an ability to work independently
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and general IT proficiency
The right candidate will enjoy:
- Continual learning and development at the forefront of sustainability
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives its values
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 July 2017. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.