Status: Two Full time, permanent positions
Location: Melbourne and Sydney
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Business Unit Lead – Sustainability Delivery
As Australia’s largest independent sustainability consultancy and a certified B-Corp, we exist to help our clients tackle some of world’s toughest challenges. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take real action and do well by doing good.
We specialise in helping companies measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being part of a handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. Our team members are passionate change agents for a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
The core responsibility of both roles is to deliver high value sustainability project work for clients in the fast evolving Australian infrastructure and property sectors. The work will focus on supporting delivery on whole of life, sustainable solutions throughout the project life cycle, from planning and design to construction and operation. Your responsibilities will include analytical work and preparation of project deliverables and proposals.
This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in distinctive projects working alongside companies that are sustainability leaders in the infrastructure and property sectors. We have loads of varied and impactful projects and are looking for people who are are ready to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role or Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- Knowledge of or interest in the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme and Green Building Council of Australia Green Star Rating tools as a means of demonstrating and benchmarking industry performance.
- A desire to support the delivery of ISCA ratings for infrastructure projects in an efficient manner. Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professionals (ISAP) desirable but not compulsory.
- A desire to support the delivery of Green Star ratings in in an efficient manner. Green Star Accredited Professionals (ISAP) desirable but not compulsory.
- Excellent analytical skills (including Microsoft Excel expertise), report writing and attention to detail.
- A confident nature and be excited to work for some of the most significant infrastructure projects in Australia.
- An appetite to develop industry networks and cultivate your business development skills with support from the Edge team.
- An understanding of infrastructure planning and design, construction or operation, and any experience embedded within these processes, will be an advantage.
Key holder attributes:
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration and strong team dynamic.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Willing to travel as required.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page), addressing, at a minimum, how you meet the essential requirements.
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, 30 May 2020. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.