Status: Full time, permanent position
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Start date: Immediate
Reports to: Business Unit Lead – Sustainable and Ethical Procurement
As Australia’s largest independent sustainability consultancy and a certified B-Corp, we exist to help our clients tackle some of world’s toughest challenges. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take real action and do well by doing good.
Established in 2008, our rapidly growing team operates across Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne (with plans to expand globally soon). We work with private and ASX-listed businesses, multiple levels of government, NGOs and purposeful start-ups to develop sustainability solutions at all scales from products to cities and regions and global brands.
In 2020, Edge established a new team, Sustainable & Ethical Procurement, to help our clients understand their social and environmental impact across their supply chains and to further embed sustainability into their procurement, governance, and operational practices.
This senior role will be responsible for delivering a variety of environmental and social sustainability topics relating to an organisation’s biggest impact, its supply chain. The role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to this growing service area at Edge while collaborating with other sustainability experts in-house, and further enhancing and developing new and innovative solutions for clients.
The role requires a broad understanding of sustainability issues and an ability to engage with diverse stakeholders within an organisation so to understand their unique challenges and to identify and implement solutions. Typically, projects will undertake a hotspot analysis (with support from the Life Cycle Analysis team) which helps organisations address issues such as modern slavery, circular economy and/or carbon impact, while using ISO20400 Sustainable Procurement as a best practice framework.
The role, reporting to the Head of Sustainable and Ethical Procurement, is for an experienced professional to lead client projects, develop new client relationships and focus on procurement deliverables for diverse clients. The work is fast-paced, highly varied and provides a unique opportunity for the right person to make a difference to the sustainability landscape in Australia.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
We’d love to hear from you if you are an expert in one of the areas below or have a broad skillset covering a few. This role does not require expertise in sustainable procurement, only a willingness to learn:
- Sustainable Procurement – experience in embedding sustainability into procurement and supply chains or familiarity with ISO20400 Sustainable Procurement.
- Sustainability – experience working in human rights, modern slavery, circular economy or resource recovery, carbon, social impact, using GRI Standards, UN Global Compact or UN Sustainable Development Goals etc.
- Stakeholder engagement – proven skills working with stakeholders at all levels and disciplines. Experience implementing sustainability programs that involves stakeholder buy-in or organisational change.
- Communications – strong report writing skills and ability to communicate complex information.
The role carries the opportunity to shape and refine the offer as well as to build Edge’s reputation in new and exciting places. Regardless of your skills and experience, you must:
- Be known for your positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and see yourself as a potential trusted advisor to colleagues and clients.
- Have strong project management experience with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Pride yourself on your strong verbal and written communications, including training or facilitation of workshops with senior stakeholders.
- Have a broad understanding of environmental and social sustainability including key trends, best practices and challenges and opportunities for change.
- Be able to navigate complex client challenges (even if you don’t know the answer) and lead a team and project partners to success.
What this role can offer:
This is a unique opportunity for the right person. By joining the team at Edge, your work will be:
- Impactful: drive real solutions based on science by working with our technical experts.
- Varied: work with organisations of all shapes and sizes across tradition, new and emerging sustainability issues and solutions.
- Focused on long term development: investment in training and development.
- Balanced: a strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
If this role speaks to you and you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria (as well as bringing your own unique skills), we’d like to receive your application via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 6.00pm, Sunday, 28th March 2021. All applications should include a concise cover letter that outlines how your skills directly relate to the role description, and a current CV.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.