Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Start date: Immediate start
Reports to: General Manager, South Australia
At Edge, we’re one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We specialise in helping companies to measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a BCorp, and our status as one of only a handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target.
Our team members are passionate about catalysing change towards a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on innovative projects with some of Australia’s most famous and environmentally ambitious organisations. Behind the scenes, we aim to offer a flexible, agile and collaborative working environment in which the team is supported to reach its potential.
The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high quality sustainability project work for clients across growing areas within our business while contributing in particular to the water and agriculture service offering within the Edge business. This is a unique opportunity to work amongst some of the foremost sustainability practitioners in Australia. The role would suit someone with 3-5 years’ experience.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
Edge is seeking a passionate advocate for sustainability and environmental improvement with:
- Experience in water policy and management in an urban, regional and/or rural context (preferably in a government role or working with government in a commercial setting).
- Understanding of the drivers of sustainable agriculture and regional development in the Australian economy.
- Understanding and/or experience with WSUD and water sensitive cities.
- Qualifications in science, applied science, environmental science, natural resource management and/or public policy, preferably with post graduate qualifications.
- Excellent report writing and Microsoft Excel skills.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience and interest in the broader aspects of Edge’s sustainability services, including energy, LCA, waste management, ISCA and IS Rating Scheme, green building assessment and site auditing skills).
- Understanding of systems thinking, including risk and environmental management.
- Existing industry networks and skills in business development.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edge Environment corporate values and mission of building a sustainable, profitable business based on leadership, environmental protection, integrity, and objectivity, scientific rigour balanced with pragmatism, timeliness, respect, customer focus and fun.
- Able to help Edge foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Self-driven and ambitious, and able to proactively drive professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer Service Provision:
- Provides Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- Develops and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry to include clients and prospective client’s collaborators and competitors.
- Delivers a high quality of work and establishing a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personal.
- Fosters “client friend” relationships with key companies / organisations within all areas of Edge Environment’s expertise.
Financial / Project Management:
- Effectively delivers and supports the workflow pipeline so that resource requirements and customer expectations are effectively managed: managing projects against budget for net profitability, managing projects progress and the production of deliverables against established targets/milestones/deadlines.
- Contributes to business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Health and Safety:
To be aware of, and assist in implementing, Edge Environment health and safety policies and procedures. You also agree to comply with any other statutory obligations in relation to anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills and experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter addressing the ‘essential qualification and skills’ outlined for the role (maximum 2 pages).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than 11.59 pm, Sunday 10 November 2019.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.