Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney based
Start date: Immediate start
Reports to: General Manager
Edge is one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We specialise in helping companies measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team members are passionate change agents for more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high quality sustainability project work for clients across growing areas within our business while contributing in particular to the fast-evolving Life Cycle Assessment and Carbon Management service offerings. This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in distinctive projects, designing bespoke solutions and further, complimenting our clients sustainability journey.
The role demands that you can work independently as well as part of a team, you show initiative and have a real passion to succeed, to grow and to take true ownership of your career in a supportive and open environment.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in emissions modelling, including LCA, carbon footprint and/or carbon accounts.
- Ability to deliver assessments in accordance to standards and best practice guidelines.
- Excellent report writing and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of approaches and methods, and willingness to stay abreast of new and evolving methodologies and problems.
- Knowledge of corporate greenhouse gas emissions reporting and mitigation frameworks, including Carbon Disclosure Project and Science-Based Targets Initiative.
- Experience in SimaPro and interest in learning other tools, e.g. OpenLCA, GaBi.
- Experience and interest in database management and tool development/
- Interest in developing industry networks and skills in business development.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edges corporate values and mission of building a sustainable and profitable business, based on leadership, integrity, and objectivity.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst your peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious to drive your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer Service Provision:
- To provide Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry, including clients and prospective clients’ collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver a high quality of work and establish a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personally.
- To foster “client friend” relationships with key companies / organisations within all areas of Edge Environment’s expertise.
Financial / Project Management:
- To effectively deliver and support the workflow pipeline so that resource requirements and customer expectations are effectively managed: managing projects against budget for net profitability, managing project progress and the production of deliverables against established targets/milestones/deadlines.
- To contribute to business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Health and Safety:
To be aware of, and assist in implementing, Edge Environment health and safety policies and procedures. You also agree to comply with any other statutory obligations in relation to anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter addressing the Essentials (maximum 1 page).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6.00pm, Thursday 5th March 2020.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.