Status: Perm, full time position
Location: Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide
Start date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Business Unit Lead – Sustainability Leadership and Communications
As Australia’s largest independent sustainability consultancy and a certified B-Corp, we exist to help our clients tackle some of world’s toughest challenges. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take real action and do well by doing good.
Established in 2008, our rapidly growing team operates across Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne (with plans to expand globally in 2021). We work with private and ASX-listed businesses, multiple levels of government, NGOs and purposeful start-ups to develop sustainability solutions at all scales from products, to cities and regions and global brands.
In 2020, Edge established a new offer, Sustainability Leadership & Communications, to help our clients position, communicate and engage their audiences and create the next wave of sustainability leaders.
This newly created role, Senior Sustainability Engagement Consultant, is an exciting first for Edge and a unique opportunity in the Australian market. You will be joining Edge’s newest team, Sustainability Leadership & Communications, so no two days are the same.
Inspired by the ‘decade of action’ and born out of the need to translate sustainability into a compelling proposition to investors, employees and customers, our goal is to create a world where action on sustainability issues happens faster because our clients have connected their sustainability initiatives with the audiences they need to reach.
The role, reporting to the Head of Sustainability Leadership & Communications, is for an experienced professional to lead client projects, relationships and engagement-focused deliverables for diverse clients. The work is fast-paced, highly varied and provides a unique opportunity for the right person to make a difference to the sustainability landscape in Australia.
We’d love to hear from you if you are an expert in one of the areas below or have a broad skillset covering a few:
- Communications – development of comms tools such as campaigns, events, toolkits and guides, speechwriting, thought-leadership, annual and sustainability reporting, packaging, PR, digital experiences and social media.
- Stakeholder engagement – proven skills working with stakeholders at all levels and experience working with sustainability, marketing or investor relations teams.
- Sustainability knowledge – experience using GRI Standards, UN Global Compact or UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Creativity – working with or for a creative agency, briefing creatives and delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Brand strategy – design and implementation of purpose, vision, mission, values, positioning or value proposition design.
- Change – behaviour change, systems thinking or theory of change best practices, principles and experience putting them into practice.
The role carries the opportunity to shape and refine the offer as well as to build Edge’s reputation in new and exciting places. Regardless of your skills and experience, you must:
- Pride yourself on your strong verbal and written communications, including facilitation of workshops with senior stakeholders.
- Be known for your positive attitude, strong personal skills and see yourself as a potential trusted advisor to colleagues and clients.
- Have a point of view on sustainability including key trends, best practices and challenges and opportunities for change.
- Be able to navigate complex client challenges (even if you don’t know the answer) and lead a team and project partners to success
- Be willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration and strong team dynamic.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Working on impactful projects in order to drive real solutions based on science by working with our technical experts.
- Work on varied projects, and with organisations of all shapes and sizes across tradition, new and emerging sustainability issues and solutions.
- Ongoing investment in training and development for your position.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Expressions of Interest:
If this role speaks to you and you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria (as well as bringing your own unique skills), we’d like to receive your application via email (email@example.com) before 6.00pm, Sunday, 14th March 2021. All applications should include a concise cover letter that outlines how your skills directly relate to the role description, and a current CV.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.