Status: Full time position
Start date: Immediate start
At Edge, we’re one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We specialise in helping companies to measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a BCorp, and our status as one of only a handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target.
Our team members are passionate about catalysing change towards a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on innovative projects with some of Australia’s most famous and environmentally ambitious organisations. Behind the scenes, we aim to offer a flexible, agile and collaborative working environment in which the team is supported to reach its potential.
The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high quality sustainability project work for clients across a wide range of areas within our business, but with a core focus on Life Cycle Assessment. This is a unique opportunity to work amongst some of the foremost LCA practitioners in Australia.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Edge is seeking a passionate advocate for sustainability and environmental improvement with:
- Experience and expertise conducting LCAs independently.
- Experience and interest in building and infrastructure modelling (carbon, energy, water & materials).
- Excellent report writing and Microsoft Excel skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ consulting experience (or similar).
- Existing industry networks and skills in business development.
Any applicant will need to be self-motivated, highly flexible, creative and personable with a keen interest in work to protect the environment and promote sustainability.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience and interest in social LCA.
- Experience in SimaPro and interest in learning other tools, e.g. OpenLCA, GaBi.
- Experience and interest in database management and tool development/programming.
- Knowledge of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) and Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme.
- Experience delivering ISCA Design and As-Built ratings for infrastructure projects – Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professionals (ISAP) preferred.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edge Environment corporate values and mission of building a sustainable, profitable business based on leadership, environmental protection, integrity, and objectivity, scientific rigor balanced with pragmatism, timeliness, respect, customer focus and fun.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst your peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious, to drive your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer Service Provision:
- To provide Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry to include clients and prospective client’s collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver a high quality of work and establishing a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personal.
- To foster “client friend” relationships with key companies / organisations within all areas of Edge Environment’s expertise.
Financial / Project Management:
- To effectively deliver and support the workflow pipeline so that resource requirements and customer expectations are effectively managed.
- To manage projects against budget for net profitability.
- To manage project progress and the production of deliverables against established targets/milestones/deadlines.
- To contribute to business development by identifying potential opportunities, meeting with clients, preparing proposals, and building effective relationships with current clients.
As part of the Edge team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives its values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18 August 2019. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.