Status: Full time position
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Start date: September 2020
Reports to: Head of Carbon & Climate Resilience
Edge Environment (Edge), is one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We bring together science, strategy and storytelling to create high value sustainability outcomes for our clients. Our team works with many of Australia’s leading organisations, developing and delivering high-impact, innovative projects.
Our commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being one of a few leading Australian companies committing to a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. Our entire team are passionate for a more sustainable future, and we deliver this through collaborating with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
Edge has restructured the business to better position ourselves for continued growth. As part of this new structure a position has become available for a Senior Sustainability Consultant – Carbon, to join our growing Carbon and Climate Resilience team.
The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high quality carbon-related project work for clients across growing areas within our business including, carbon footprinting, target setting, mitigation and strategy work. This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in distinctive projects, designing bespoke solutions and further, complimenting our our clients sustainability journey.
The role will be nationally focused, with flexibility to work from Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role, including technical experience in emissions modelling, carbon footprinting and / or carbon accounts.
- Masters level degree in a relevant field.
- Strong networks in the sustainability and / or carbon space, demonstrated experience in business development and ability to engage at a high-level within client organisations.
- A track record of setting and delivering against sales, revenue and quality targets.
- Ability to provide technical direction, project management and project delivery across a range of carbon-related projects.
- Ability to deliver assessments in accordance to standards and best practice guidelines.
- Excellent report writing and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail when working with in analytical models.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of approaches and methods, and willingness to stay abreast of new and evolving methodologies and problems.
- Knowledge of corporate greenhouse gas emissions reporting, mitigation and target-setting frameworks, including the GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard and the Science-Based Targets Initiative.
- Knowledge of carbon reduction initiatives, primarily energy and technology related and applicable to a range of sectors (including property, infrastructure, agriculture and transport).
- Knowledge of carbon markets and offset generation.
- Experience in SimaPro and / or use of LCA.
- Economic modelling experience focusing on ROI and life cycle costing.
- Experience and interest in Excel-based and Power BI tool development.
- Established industry networks, or interest in developing industry networks, and skilled in business development.
- Understanding of the broader carbon-context globally, within Australia and across industry.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edges corporate values and mission of building a sustainable and profitable business, based on leadership, integrity, and objectivity.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst your peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious to further your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer Service Provision:
- To provide Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry to include clients and prospective client’s collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver a high quality of work and establishing a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personal.
- To foster “client friend” relationships with key companies / organisations within all areas of Edge Environment’s expertise.
Financial / Project Management:
- To effectively deliver and support the workflow pipeline so that resource requirements and customer expectations are effectively managed: managing projects against budget for net profitability, managing project progress and the production of deliverables against established targets/milestones and deadlines.
- To contribute to business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Health and Safety:
- To be aware of, and assist in implementing, Edge’s health and safety policies and procedures. You also agree to comply with any other statutory obligations in relation to anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience, education and contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6.00pm, Thursday 20 August 2020.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.