Status: Full time position
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Start date: December 2020 / January 2021
Reports to: Head of Carbon & Climate Resilience
Edge Environment (Edge), is one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We bring together science, strategy and storytelling to create high value sustainability outcomes for our clients. Our team works with many of Australia’s leading organisations, developing and delivering high-impact, innovative projects.
Our commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being one of a few leading Australian companies committing to a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. Our entire team are passionate for a more sustainable future, and we deliver this through collaborating with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
Edge has restructured the business to better position ourselves for continued growth. As part of this new structure a position has become available for a circular economy expert to join our growing team.
The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high quality carbon-related project work for clients across growing areas within our business including: carbon footprinting, target-setting, mitigation and strategy development. This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in distinctive projects, designing bespoke solutions and further, complimenting our clients’ sustainability journeys. Current and past clients include Telstra, THE ICONIC, Charter Hall, David Jones & Country Road Group, Singtel Optus, BINGO Industries, KeepCup, Timberlink, Taylors Wines, Stockland, Frasers Property, University of NSW, Nando’s, Transport for NSW and more.
The role will be nationally focused, with flexibility to work from Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Technical experience in emissions modelling and / or carbon footprinting for organisations, councils and / or communities.
- Knowledge of corporate greenhouse gas emissions reporting and target-setting frameworks, such as the GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard or the Science-Based Targets Initiative.
- Ability to provide technical direction, project management and project delivery across a range of projects.
- Excellent report writing, analytical skills (including Microsoft Excel expertise) and attention to detail.
- Strong networks in the sustainability and / or carbon space.
- Demonstrated experience in business development.
- Ability to engage at a high-level within client organisations.
- Knowledge of carbon reduction initiatives.
- Understanding of the broader carbon-context globally, within Australia and across industry.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edge’s corporate values and mission.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration and strong team dynamic.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious to further your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience, education and contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than 6.00pm, Sunday 22 November 2020.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.