Status: Full time, permanent position
Location: Sydney is preferable but would consider Adelaide and Melbourne
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Business Unit Lead – Sustainability Delivery
As Australia’s largest independent sustainability consultancy and a certified B-Corp, we exist to help our clients tackle some of world’s toughest challenges. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take real action and do well by doing good.
We specialise in helping companies measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being part of a handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team members are passionate change agents for a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
The Sustainability Delivery team is a bunch of passionate and practical people, with a reputation for delivering high quality sustainability project work with clients including government agencies, developers, construction companies and asset owners. We work at all stages in the project lifecycle with our clients, from strategic business case right through to assuring the sustainability credentials of projects against sustainability rating tools.
The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high value sustainability project work for clients in the fast evolving Australian infrastructure and property sectors. The person we are looking for will have a wealth of experience in infrastructure sustainability in particular, including practical application of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme. The work will also focus on supporting delivery on whole of life, sustainable solutions throughout the project life cycle, from planning and design, to construction and operation. The responsibilities of this role will include analytical work as well as preparation of project deliverables and proposals.
This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in distinctive projects working alongside companies that are sustainability leaders in the infrastructure and property sectors. We have a large number of varied and impactful projects and are looking for people who are are ready to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role, with a particular focus on delivering sustainability across infrastructure projects.
- Working knowledge of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme as a means of demonstrating and benchmarking industry performance.
- Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professionals (ISAP) desirable, but not compulsory.
- Excellent analytical skills (including Microsoft Excel expertise), report writing and attention to detail.
- A confident nature and be excited to work for some of the most significant infrastructure projects in Australia and New Zealand.
- An appetite to develop industry networks and cultivate your business development skills with support from the Edge team.
- The ability to lead business development activities by identifying potential clients and projects, meeting with clients and preparing proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Key holder attributes:
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration and strong team dynamic.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Willing to travel as required.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page), addressing, at a minimum, how you meet the essential requirements.
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.