Status: Full time position
Location: Melbourne (will also consider Adelaide or Sydney)
Start date: February 2021
Reports to: Head of Sustainability Delivery
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company with over 30 consultants across our offices in Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of the world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take real action and do well by doing good.
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps of sustainability leadership, and from strategy to on-the-ground implementation.
The Sustainability Delivery team is a bunch of passionate and practical people, with a reputation for delivering high quality sustainability project work with clients including government agencies, developers, construction companies and asset owners. We work at all stages in the project lifecycle with our clients, from strategic business case right through to assuring the sustainability credentials of projects against sustainability rating tools.
We are looking for a new member for our team who brings their experience of working within the property and infrastructure sectors, delivering sustainability outcomes. We need someone who can turn their hand to anything and work across multiple projects at any one time and someone who thrives from working within a team and in being part of our clients sustainability journey.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- At least three years’ experience either consulting or working in the infrastructure and/or property sectors delivering sustainability outcomes.
- Provide technical skills, project management and project delivery in the specialist areas of sustainable infrastructure and buildings.
- Experience in ISCA and/or Green Star and an openness to expand into other areas.
- A track record of being a trusted strategic sustainability advisor to organisations and/or clients.
- Able to build rapport with clients and establish and maintain partnerships and relationships focused on, but not limited to, the infrastructure and property sectors.
- Commitment to Edge Environment corporate values and mission of building a sustainable, profitable business based on leadership, integrity and scientific rigor balanced with pragmatism.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst your peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious to drive your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer Service Provision
- To provide Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry to include clients and prospective client’s collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver a high quality of work and establishing a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personal.
- To contribute to business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
If this role speaks to you and you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria (as well as bringing your own unique skills), we’d like to receive your application via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 6.00pm, Sunday, 17th January. 2021.
All applications should include a concise cover letter which outlines how your skills directly relate to the role description, and a current CV.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.