Start date: Immediate start
Reports to: General Manager
Edge is one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We specialise in helping companies measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team members are passionate change agents for more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
Edge Environment is seeking a motivated, personable and confident person with a passion for sustainability and a background in science, engineering, economics and professional experience in resource management. The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high quality project outcomes working closely with our existing Clients. This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in distinctive projects, designing bespoke solutions and supporting our client’s sustainability journey.
This role will support the delivery of services across our circular economy and resource recovery sector. Projects will include a mix of work with government and private clients, and we are seeking an autonomous and ambitious professional familiar with the following:
- NSW EPA program delivery and management (Bintrim, Food Waste Avoidance etc.)
- Delivering focused client workshops, stakeholder engagement and meetings
- Planning and writing operational & construction waste management strategies
- Waste and resource recovery systems and services across Australia
In this role you will have the opportunity to work alongside a group of motivated sustainability professionals, committed to seeing positive change. Our organisation’s familiarity with lifecycle based impact assessment, sustainable procurement and resource recovery has made us a national leader in this space where we deliver practical projects to drive the transition to a circular economy. Our work involves all areas from the boardroom to the dock, and we take pride in understanding materials flows through a hands-on approach to auditing, as well as procurement systems and corporate strategy.
This position is currently a casual position for a three month period with the aim of moving to a permanent role for the right candidate. Our Manly office will be your base where you will work alongside the greater Edge team.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
Edge is seeking a passionate advocate for sustainability and environmental improvement with;
- Two to three years’ experience in waste consulting with depth of knowledge for technical waste advisory work.
- Demonstrated ability as a Project Manager and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven track record maintaining and building client relationships.
- Undergraduate degree or post-graduate degree in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or Materials Science.
- Capacity to work outside of regular business hours to meet waste auditing schedules (when required)
- Current Driver’s License and access to a suitable vehicle (all driving expenses covered by Edge Environment).
- The successful candidate must be competent using MS Office programs and have attention to detail.
- A committed approach and interest in recovering our valuable resources through grass-roots action, as well as strategic policy intervention.
- Previous communications or experience in dealing with and engaging small and medium business is desirable.
- Experience in the waste and recycling sector or waste streams and waste management processes and principles is desirable.
- Interest in developing industry networks and skills in business development.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edges corporate values and mission of building a sustainable and profitable business, based on leadership, integrity, and objectivity.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst your peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious to drive your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer Service Provision:
- To provide Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry, including clients and prospective clients’ collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver a high quality of work and establish a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personally.
- To foster “client friend” relationships with key companies / organisations within all areas of Edge Environment’s expertise.
Financial / Project Management:
- To effectively deliver and support the workflow pipeline so that resource requirements and customer expectations are effectively managed: managing projects against budget for net profitability, managing project progress and the production of deliverables against established targets/milestones/deadlines.
- To contribute to business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Health and Safety:
To be aware of, and assist in implementing, Edge Environment health and safety policies and procedures. You also agree to comply with any other statutory obligations in relation to anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the required and desirable skills / experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page) responding to the required and desirable skills/experience.
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience, education and including contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6.00pm, Wednesday 18 March 2020. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Hourly rate will be dependent on qualifications and experience.