Location: Sydney based with a national focus
Start date: October 2020
Reports to: Head of ‘Build Environment and Sustainability Implementation’ Business Unit
Edge Environment (Edge), is one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We bring together science, strategy and storytelling to create high value sustainability outcomes for our clients. Our team works with many of Australia’s leading organisations, developing and delivering high-impact, innovative projects.
Our commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being one of a few leading Australian companies committing to a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. Our entire team are passionate for a more sustainable future, and we deliver this through collaborating with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
Specifically, our leadership in the Built Environment sector is widely recognised, having previously won ISCA’s award for Organisational Leadership in Infrastructure Sustainability in 2016 and being shortlisted in the National Construction Awards in 2019.
Edge has restructured the business due to our continued growth, success and to better position ourselves as a National leader in sustainability advisory services. The new structure has resulted in a new Principal role to deliver high quality sustainability project work for Clients across growing areas within our business while contributing in particular to the fast-evolving Built Environment Sector.
This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in distinctive projects, designing bespoke solutions and further, complimenting our clients sustainability journey. Edge is seeking an experienced principal sustainability consultant with a strong property industry network. You will be expected to build client rapport and contribute to the Edge learning and sharing environment. It is also expected that you will be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture and be self-driven and ambitious in driving your professional development as the opportunities arise.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Provide technical leadership, project management and project delivery in the specialist area of sustainable property and precincts.
- Experience in Green Star and GRESB and an openness to expand into other areas.
- A track record of being a trusted strategic sustainability advisor to organisations and/or clients.
- Develop high level business relations, establish and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships focused on, but not limited to, the infrastructure and property sectors.
- Contribute to business development and proposal development.
- Be accountable for objectives and targets agreed together with the line manager during business planning and professional development planning (including, but not limited to, business development, training, innovation and delivery).
- Leading staff and supporting the development of other staff members.
- Contributing to marketing and promoting of Edge services.
- Continually improving internal business processes and systems.
- Commitment to Edge Environment corporate values and mission of building a sustainable, profitable business based on leadership, integrity and scientific rigor balanced with pragmatism.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edges corporate values and mission of building a sustainable and profitable business, based on leadership, integrity, and objectivity.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst your peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious to drive your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer Service Provision:
- To provide Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry to include clients and prospective client’s collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver a high quality of work and establishing a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personal.
- To foster “client friend” relationships with key companies / organisations within all areas of Edge Environment’s expertise.
Financial / Project Management:
- To effectively deliver and support the workflow pipeline so that resource requirements and customer expectations are effectively managed: managing projects against budget for net profitability, managing project progress and the production of deliverables against established targets/milestones and deadlines.
- To contribute to business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Health and Safety:
- To be aware of, and assist in implementing, Edge’s health and safety policies and procedures. You also agree to comply with any other statutory obligations in relation to anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience, education and contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18.00pm Wednesday, 09 September 2020. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.