Status: Perm, full time position
Location: Auckland based
Start date: April/May 2021
Reports to: Business Unit Lead – Sustainability Delivery
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company focused on the Asia-Pacific and Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take ambitious action, and do well by doing good.
We support our clients by working across six areas:
- Sustainability leadership and communications
- Sustainability strategy
- Carbon and climate resilience
- Circular economy and lifecycle thinking
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Sustainability delivery
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps of sustainability leadership, and from strategy to on-the-ground implementation.
Edge has been working with clients in New Zealand for the past five years, delivering a range of successful projects across the public and private sector, with a particular focus on sustainable infrastructure projects. And we are now looking for someone to be part of our Sustainability Delivery team, based in New Zealand. These include initiatives related to sustainable infrastructure and buildings, carbon and climate risk, circular economy and life cycle thinking, and sustainability leadership and communications.
The Sustainability Delivery team is a bunch of passionate and practical people, with a reputation for delivering high quality sustainability project work with clients including government agencies, developers, construction companies and asset owners. We work at all stages in the project lifecycle with our clients, from strategic business case right through to assuring the sustainability credentials of projects against sustainability rating tools.
We are looking for a new member for our team who brings their experience of working within the infrastructure and property sectors, delivering sustainability outcomes. We need someone who can turn their hand to anything and work across multiple projects at any one time. And someone who thrives from working within a team and in being part of our clients’ sustainability journey.
- At least ten years’ experience either consulting or working in the infrastructure and/or property sectors delivering sustainability outcomes.
- Based in New Zealand with an ability to service clients in Auckland and other major cities.
- Provide technical leadership, project management and project delivery in the specialist area of sustainable infrastructure and/or property.
- Experience in delivering sustainability outcomes in infrastructure and/or property projects, including application of the ISCA Rating scheme.
- A track record of being a trusted strategic sustainability advisor to organisations and/or clients.
- A strong network across the New Zealand sustainability community, including but not limited to the infrastructure and property sectors, and experience of leveraging this network to drive high-value sales.
- Commitment to Edge Environment corporate values and mission of building a sustainable, profitable business based on leadership, integrity and scientific rigor balanced with pragmatism.
Key Position Holder Attributes
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst your peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious to drive your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer service provision
- To provide Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry to include clients and prospective client’s collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver a high quality of work and establishing a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personal.
To lead business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development for your position.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
If this role speaks to you and you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria (as well as bringing your own unique skills), we’d like to receive your application via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 6.00pm, Friday 30th April 2021. All applications should include a concise cover letter that outlines how your skills directly relate to the role description, and a current CV.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.