Status: Perm, full time position
Location: Auckland based
Start date: April/May 2021
Reports to: Business Unit Lead – Carbon and Climate Resilience
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company focused on the Asia-Pacific and Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take ambitious action, and do well by doing good.
We support our clients by working across six areas:
Sustainability leadership and communications
Carbon and climate resilience
Circular economy and lifecycle thinking
Sustainable and ethical procurement
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps of sustainability leadership, and from strategy to on-the-ground implementation.
Edge has been working with clients in New Zealand for the past 5 years, delivering a range of successful projects across the public and private sector. These include initiatives related to sustainable infrastructure and buildings, carbon and climate risk, circular economy and life cycle thinking, and sustainability leadership and communications.
To support our clients in New Zealand, we are opening an office in Auckland and will be appointing a number of locally based team members including a new Principal as part of our Carbon and Climate Resilience Business Unit. This role will help to lead expanding the business, especially in regard to our carbon and/or climate risk work, at a time when New Zealand is doubling down on its impressive sustainability commitments.
Edge is seeking an experienced consultant who shares a commitment to our vision, mission and values, and who is excited by the prospect of helping to build a new team.
- Based in New Zealand with an ability to service clients in Auckland and other major cities.
- Provide technical leadership, project management and project delivery in the specialist area of carbon strategy and analysis, or climate risk analysis and strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant central and local government legislation.
- A track record of being a trusted strategic sustainability advisor to organisations and/or clients.
- A strong network across the New Zealand sustainability community, including but not limited to corporates and central and local government, and experience of leveraging this network to drive high-value sales.
- The ability to work collaboratively within, and across teams.
- The ability to thoughtfully lead and build a high impact team of consultants, to oversee their professional and personal development, and to contribute to Edge’s culture.
- Commitment to Edge Environment corporate mission, vision and values.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development for your position.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
If this role speaks to you and you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria (as well as bringing your own unique skills), we’d like to receive your application via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 6.00pm, Sunday, 21st March 2021. All applications should include a concise cover letter that outlines how your skills directly relate to the role description, and a current CV.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.