Status: Full time, permanent position
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Start date: April / May 21
Reports to: Business Unit Lead – Carbon and Climate Resilience
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company focused on the Asia-Pacific and Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take ambitious action, and do well by doing good.
We support our clients by working across six areas:
- Sustainability leadership and communications
- Sustainability strategy
- Carbon and climate resilience
- Circular economy and lifecycle thinking
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Sustainability delivery
Edge has delivered a range of successful projects relating to climate risk for high-profile clients across both the public and private sector. This includes projects related to climate change risk assessment, adaptation and mitigation, resilience of the built environment to natural hazards and TCFD.
To further support our clients and expand our existing offering, we will be appointing a new Principal as part of our Carbon and Climate Resilience Business Unit. This role will help to lead expansion of the business, focusing on our climate risk work, and provide guidance and technical oversight on the delivery of work in this space.
Edge is seeking an experienced consultant who shares a commitment to our vision, mission and values.
- Provide technical leadership, project management and project delivery in the specialist area of climate risk analysis and strategy, including TCFD response and /or specialist areas such as catastrophe risk modelling.
- A track record of being a trusted strategic sustainability advisor to organisations and/or clients with an ability create and win new work.
- A strong network across the Australian sustainability community, including but not limited to corporates and central and local government, and experience of leveraging this network to drive high-value sales.
- The ability to work collaboratively within, and across teams.
- The ability to thoughtfully lead and build a high impact team of consultants, to oversee their professional and personal development, and to contribute to Edge’s culture.
- Commitment to Edge Environment corporate mission, vision and values.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than 18.00pm Wednesday, 24 March 2020. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.