Status: Full time position
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Head of Sustainability Strategy
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company focussed on Asia-Pacific and the Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take real action and do well by doing good.
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps to sustainability leadership, and from strategy through to on-the-ground implementation.
The role will report directly to the Head of Sustainability Strategy, and will be responsible for delivering ESG/strategic sustainability advisory services and projects for organisations across a range of sectors. Supported by technical sustainability experts across the broader Edge team, the types of projects and services delivered include:
- Evidence-based sustainability strategies, covering the ‘full spectrum’ of organisational sustainability, including environmental, social, community and governance related issues.
- Materiality assessments and associated stakeholder engagement processes.
- Facilitation and ongoing chairing of ESG committees and adhoc advisory for retained clients.
- Industry or sector level sustainability roadmaps.
- Social and environmental impact measurement and reporting frameworks.
The role is suited to an individual with experience in a senior sustainability role in a large enterprise-level organisation or alternatively experience consulting to similar organisations on sustainability strategy/ESG. The candidate should have a general understanding of various aspects of organisational sustainability, including:
- Carbon reduction and climate change action.
- Supply chain management.
- Social impact.
- Investor relations.
- Organisational governance.
Directly line managing consultants within the team, the candidate is also expected to be ‘self-sufficient’ in relation to business development, with proven experience in identifying and closing opportunities. This role will have a national focus and can be delivered/based from any of our Australian offices (Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney).
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum eight years’ experience either consulting to, or working within large enterprise level organisations on sustainability/CSR/ESG strategy development and implementation.
- Experience in designing and delivering materiality assessment process for organisation in line with principles of GRI.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement including presenting to board/executive level, interview and survey design, workshop facilitation.
- Proven experience in strategy development, including the proven application of basic strategic planning principles.
- Experience directly line managing and motivating a team.
- Masters level qualification in business administration (MBA), Organisational Sustainability or Sustainable Development (or similar).
- Understanding of investor ESG requirements for listed companies, including responding and preparing for ESG ratings, ESG audits and ESG investor relations.
- Specific experience in subject areas of sustainable finance, social impact strategy or natural capital would be a beneficial.
- Sector specific knowledge, such as FMCG, healthcare, manufacturing, or resources sector would be welcomed.
What this role can offer:
This is a unique opportunity to become a member of the Sustainability Strategy team, delivering a highly strategic service offering that is rapidly growing in demand as awareness and understanding of organisational sustainability becomes mainstream. As such, this endows the position with some unique characteristics:
- Impactful: Opportunity to engage senior decision-makers and deliver transformative strategies that positively impact the long-term trajectories of organisations and sectors.
- Varied: Opportunity to work with organisations of all sizes across a range of sectors. Examples of clients and projects can be found here.
- Relationship focused: Opportunity to foster existing new client relationships in Melbourne.
- Flexible: Ability to design your own ‘offering’ to clients based on your specific area of expertise and interest, aligned with the strategic requirements of the role.
- Focus on long term development: Ongoing investment in training and development.
- Balanced: A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum one page).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience, education and contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6.00pm, Sunday 13 June 2021.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.