Status: Full or part time (3.5-5 days a week), permanent position
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Start date: April / May 21
Reports to: Head of Industry Engagement
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company focused on the Asia-Pacific and Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take ambitious action, and do well by doing good.
We support our clients by working across six areas:
- Sustainability leadership and communications
- Sustainability strategy
- Carbon and climate resilience
- Circular economy and lifecycle thinking
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Sustainability delivery
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps of sustainability leadership, and from strategy to on-the-ground implementation.
Edge has worked on some of the most exciting sustainability projects in the world, with ambitious clients spanning sectors from property and infrastructure, to food and consumer goods.
To support our work, we are growing our marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Industry Engagement, this position will play a critical role in helping us communicate our work and increase our impact. Key responsibilities will include writing and coordinating inputs to the “insights” section of our website, keeping our wider site up-to-date, managing our social media (LinkedIn), delivering our popular “Sustainability Stories” newsletter, and generally helping us to keep the marketing machine running across our growing network of offices in Australia and around the world. The role may also include providing support to our teams as they develop compelling proposals to would-be clients.
We’re seeking an experienced and ambitious marketing professional. The role offers the opportunity for someone to help us build a new and dedicated approach to marketing in a fast-growing, purpose-led company, with potential to rapidly evolve into leading the company’s global marketing strategy.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing role.
- Understanding of marketing strategy and tactics.
- Experience of managing corporate social media, websites and broader client communications.
- Familiarity with key platforms and tools, including WordPress, LinkedIn, Mailchimp.
- Excellent writing/editing skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively within, and across teams.
- Commitment to Edge Environment corporate mission, vision and values.
- Formal qualifications in marketing and/or communications.
- Understanding of sustainability and/or the consulting sector.
- Experience of bid/proposal-writing and co-ordination.
- Presentation skills, including high-quality PowerPoint slide decks.
- Development of Edge’s annual marketing plan and calendar.
- Delivering centralised (corporate) marketing activities, including social media, website, events, blogs and newsletters, etc.
- Supporting business units in the delivery of their unit’s marketing activities (also including social media, blogs, events, etc.).
- Supporting business units with bid co-ordination and general content development
- Providing coordination support across international Edge offices.
- Developing and maintaining the Edge project experience library.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
If this role speaks to you and you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria (as well as bringing your own unique skills), we’d like to receive your application via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 6.00pm, Thursday 1st April 2021. All applications should include a concise cover letter that outlines how your skills directly relate to the role description, and a current CV.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.