Location: Melbourne or Sydney based
Start date: Immediate start
Reports to: General Manager, NSW
Edge is one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We specialise in helping companies measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team members are passionate change agents for more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high value sustainability project work for clients in the fast-evolving Australian infrastructure sector. The work will focus on supporting delivery on whole of life, sustainable solutions throughout the infrastructure life cycle, from planning and design to construction and operation.
The work will involve meaningfully engaging with individuals throughout the infrastructure value chain with the overall aim of providing sustainability leadership within various client organisations and the broader industry. Project outputs will span a range of sustainability tools, techniques and approaches including, but not limited to carbon foot printing, sustainable procurement, sustainability strategy, Sustainable Development Goals, whole of life costing, circular economy, green infrastructure, climate change risk and adaptation, resilience and Life Cycle Assessment.
The role will also require the use of infrastructure sustainability ratings as a framework to manage, record and demonstrate overall performance in infrastructure sustainability. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading professionals in some of the most important projects in Australia. The role demands that you can work independently as well as part of a team, you show initiative and have a real passion to succeed, to grow and to take true ownership of your career in a supportive and open environment.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- A higher-level university degree (or Masters) in sustainability, environmental management, engineering, economics or related discipline.
- Project and client communication experience, with strong time management and communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of or experience in one or more of the following sustainability tools or approaches: carbon foot printing, sustainable procurement, sustainability strategy, Sustainable Development Goals, whole of life costing, circular economy, green infrastructure, climate change risk and adaptation, resilience and Life Cycle Assessment.
- Knowledge of or interest in the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme, or other sustainability rating tools, as a means of demonstrating and bench marking industry performance.
- A desire to support the delivery of ISCA ratings for infrastructure projects in an efficient manner. Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professionals (ISAP) desirable but not compulsory.
- A confident nature and be excited to work for some of the most significant infrastructure projects in Australia.
- An appetite to develop industry networks and cultivate your business development skills with support from the Edge team.
- An understanding of infrastructure planning and design, construction or operation, and any experience embedded within these processes, will be an advantage.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edge Environment corporate values and mission of building a sustainable, profitable business based on leadership, environmental protection, integrity, objectivity and scientific rigor balanced with pragmatism, timeliness, respect, customer focus and fun.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration, strong team dynamic and practice humility amongst your peers.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious, to drive your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel interstate or to regional areas regularly.
Customer Service Provision:
- To provide Edge Environment customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry, including clients and prospective clients’ collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver a high quality of work and establish a high profile and reputation for Edge Environment, and personally.
- To foster “client friend” relationships with key companies / organisations within all areas of Edge Environment’s expertise.
Financial / Project Management:
- To effectively deliver and support the workflow pipeline so that resource requirements and customer expectations are effectively managed: managing projects against budget for net profitability, managing project progress and the production of deliverables against established targets/milestones/deadlines.
- To contribute to business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Health and Safety:
To be aware of, and assist in implementing, Edge Environment health and safety policies and procedures. You also agree to comply with any other statutory obligations in relation to anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter addressing the Essentials (maximum 2 pages).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than 09.00am, Monday 28th October.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.