Status: Full time position
Location: Adelaide, Sydney or Melbourne
Start date: February 2021
Reports to: Director of Operations
Edge is one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We specialise in helping companies measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being part of a handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team members are passionate change agents for a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
The primary purpose of this role is to coordinate and increase the impact of the Circular Economy and Lifecycle Thinking (CELT) team and service offering for Edge. This includes developing the business plan, thinking strategically about emerging opportunities, and forecasting resource requirements for the service area. Current service offerings in the business unit include:
- Life cycle assessment and environmental product declarations.
- Hotspot analysis and whole of life analysis.
- Circular economy strategy and policy development.
- Material flow analysis and resource recovery.
The role represents an opportunity to build on existing business and also steer expansion into new markets, services and geographies. The right candidate will be adaptable and able to balance priorities spanning delivery, business development and team management. This is a senior leadership role and requires exceptional people management skills.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum twelve years’ experience in sustainability.
- A track record of setting and delivering against sales, revenue and quality targets.
- A growth mindset and an understanding of the consulting environment.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Extensive networks and business development skills.
- Ability to provide technical direction and project management across the range of CELT service offerings.
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edge’s corporate values and mission.
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration and strong team dynamic.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Be self-driven and ambitious to further your professional development as opportunities arise.
- Willing to travel as required.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Expressions of Interest:
If this role speaks to you and you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria (as well as bringing your own unique skills), we’d like to receive your application via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 6.00pm, Sunday, 10th January. All applications should include a concise outline of how your skills directly relate to the role description, and a current CV.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Tara on 0424 504 703.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.