Status: Full time position (part-time considered)
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Start date: Immediate start/August 2020
Reports to: Team Lead – Circular Economy and Lifecycle Thinking
Edge Environment (Edge), is one of Australia’s best known and respected sustainability consultancies. We bring together science, strategy and storytelling to create high value sustainability outcomes for our clients. Our team works with many of Australia’s leading organisations, developing and delivering high-impact, innovative projects.
Our commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being one of a few leading Australian companies committing to a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. Our entire team are passionate for a more sustainable future, and we deliver this through collaborating with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
Edge has restructured the business to better position ourselves for continued growth. As part of this new structure a position has become available for a circular economy expert to join our growing team.
The role represents an opportunity to build on Edge’s strong reputation in life cycle assessment and delivery of high impact resource recovery projects as we focus more strategically on circular economy work. The right person will have a strong background and technical expertise in the delivery of cicular economy projects as well as being able to support the expansion of our circular economy offering in to new markets and geographies.
The role will be nationally focused, with flexibility to work from Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Masters level degree in sustainability, environmental engineering (or equivalent).
- Strong networks in circular economy, demonstrated experience in business development and ability to engage at a high-level within client organisations.
- A track record of setting and delivering against sales, revenue and quality targets.
- Ability to provide technical direction, project management and project delivery across the following areas:
- Circular economy strategy and design (product, asset and/or organisational level)
- Stakeholder engagement, facilitation and delivery of education programs
- Resource recovery and waste management
Key Position Holder Attributes:
- Committed to Edge’s corporate mission and values.
- Collaborative, and happy to work with humility as part of a talented team of people from a wide variety of professional and personal backgrounds.
- Attentive to client needs and focused on identifying solutions.
- Self-driven and ambitious.
- Willing to travel as required.
Customer Service Provision:
- To provide Edge customers with the best service and advice to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, to time and budget.
- To develop and maintain a network of key contacts in the industry to include clients and prospective client’s collaborators and competitors.
- To deliver high quality work and establish a high profile and reputation for Edge.
- To foster “client friend” relationships with key companies / organisations within all areas of Edge’s expertise.
Financial / Project Management:
- To effectively deliver and support the workflow pipeline so that resource requirements and customer expectations are effectively managed: managing projects against budget for net profitability, managing project progress and the production of deliverables against established targets/milestones and deadlines.
- To contribute to business development by working with business stream owners to identify potential clients and projects, meet with clients, prepare proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Health and Safety:
- To be aware of, and assist in implementing, Edge’s health and safety policies and procedures. You also agree to comply with any other statutory obligations in relation to anti-discrimination and sexual harassment.
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page).
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience, education and contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11.59pm Sunday, 26 July 2020.
Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.