Status: Casual position
Start date: October 2018
Edge Environment (Edge) is seeking a motivated, personable and confident person with a passion for sustainability and a background in science, engineering, economics or waste management.
This position will contribute to the NSW Environment Protection Authority’s Bin Trim program working with small to medium size businesses across the Sydney metropolitan region. The Bin Trim program focuses on providing meaningful assistance in waste management to small and medium business. The position demands strong interpersonal skills, good organisation and the discipline to work unsupervised. In this role you will be required to assist program participants on their sustainability journey, working in a very practical manner with both decision makers and their staff. The relationships formed with participants makes this a very rewarding project to be involved in.
This position is a casual role (~24- 40hrs/week) where flexible working days are possible. The role will start as soon as possible with the contract potentially extending to December 2019.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Edge is a leading consulting firm specialized in supporting companies to measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. The hallmark of Edge services is the practical application of the best available science, delivered with integrity.
Edge team members are passionate about catalysing change towards a more sustainable future. Edge provides a flexible, agile and collaborative working environment where team members are supported to reach their potential.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Edge is seeking a passionate advocate for sustainability and environmental improvement with;
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education and/or undergraduate degree and strong interest in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or Materials Science.
- Current Driver’s License and access to a suitable vehicle (all driving expenses covered by Edge).
- Competency with MS Office programs.
- Strong public speaking and meeting facilitation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
Any applicant will need to be self-motivated, highly flexible, creative and personable with a keen interest in work to protect the environment and promote sustainability.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous communications or experience in dealing with and engaging small and medium business.
- Experience in the waste and recycling sector or with waste streams and waste management processes and principles.
- Sales or recruitment experience.
- To recruit and engage businesses to take part in the EPA Bin Trim program.
- To undertake waste assessments on Small and Medium Enterprises.
- To produce waste implementation plans using the online Bintrim Tool.
- To administer and coordinate reporting and progress updates with the NSW EPA and participants.
Training on the use of the Bintrim tool will be supplied by Edge along with a great opportunity to network and work with a range of industry leaders in waste reduction.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.