Edge Environment continues to grow our reputation and workload within the infrastructure sector. We are looking for someone with over five years of sustainability experience that includes projects within the infrastructure sector. The role provides fantastic opportunities to improve your technical knowledge, expand in to other areas of sustainability and work with an organisation that has sustainability at its core. Read on for more details.
Start date: Nov 2018
About Edge Environment
Edge is a consultancy that helps clients to ingrain sustainability into their cultures, both for responsible and commercial performance. This ensures our client companies deliver business value that is both impressive and inspiring for the communities in which they operate. We are passionate about what we do and the positive impact it can have. Our corporate values and mission focus on building a sustainable, profitable business based on leadership, environmental protection, integrity, and objectivity, scientific rigor balanced with pragmatism, timeliness, respect, customer focus and fun. Read more about us here.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to service growing areas within our business while contributing to the fast-evolving infrastructure sustainability agenda. The work will include delivering on infrastructure sustainability ratings and associated specialist reports, including whole of life costing, energy, property, resource management, climate change adaptation and innovation. The role will focus primarily on the infrastructure, property and construction sectors with opportunities to work on sustainability projects across other sectors over time.
The right candidate will have:
- A higher-level university degree in sustainability, environmental management, engineering or related discipline
- Excellent project management, client management and communication skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel and Word
- Intimate knowledge of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme
- Experience delivering ISCA Design and As-Built ratings for infrastructure projects – Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professionals (ISAP) preferred
- A confident nature and be excited to work on site on some of the most significant infrastructure projects in Australia
- Existing industry networks and skills in business development
- An understanding of construction projects and experience on site will be an advantage
The right candidate will enjoy:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Continual learning and development at the forefront of sustainability
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence and flexibility
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
As part of our team, you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives its values
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business
- Opportunities to work on projects across Australia and New Zealand
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page)
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30th October 2018. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.