Status: 6 month fixed term contract with the view to make permanent (part time or full time)
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney or Auckland
Start date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Head of Sustainability Leadership & Communications
About Edge Environment
As Australia’s largest independent sustainability consultancy and a certified B-Corp, we exist to help our clients tackle some of world’s toughest challenges. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take real action and do well, by doing good.
Established in 2008, our rapidly growing team operates across Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Auckland, Santiago, and Boston. We work with private and ASX-listed businesses, multiple levels of government, NGOs and purposeful start-ups to develop sustainability solutions at all scale, from products, to cities and regions and global brands.
In 2020, Edge established a new offer, Sustainability Leadership & Communications, to help our clients position, communicate and engage their audiences and create the next wave of sustainability leaders.
Primary purpose of this role
This role is a unique opportunity in the Australian market. You will be joining Edge’s newest team, Sustainability Leadership & Communications – no two days will be the same.
Inspired by the ‘decade of action’ and born out of the need to translate sustainability into a compelling proposition to investors, employees, and customers, our goal is to create a world where action on sustainability issues happens faster because our clients have connected their sustainability initiatives with the audiences they need to reach.
The role, reporting to the Head of Sustainability Leadership & Communications, is for an experienced communications professional to lead projects, relationships, and communications-focused deliverables for a diverse range clients. The work is fast-paced, highly varied, and provides a unique opportunity for the right person to make a difference to the sustainability landscape in Australia and New Zealand.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- Communications – development of comms tools, such as campaigns, events, toolkits and guides, speechwriting, thought-leadership, annual and sustainability reporting, packaging, PR, digital experiences and social media.
- Creativity – working with or for a creative agency, briefing creatives and delivering projects on time and on budget.
The role carries the opportunity to shape and refine the offer as well as to build Edge’s reputation in new and exciting places. Regardless of your skills and experience, you must:
- Get a kick out of managing complex projects and delivering them on time and budget.
- Be known for your positive attitude, strong personal skills and see yourself as a potential trusted advisor to colleagues and clients.
- Pride yourself on your strong verbal and written communications, including facilitation of workshops with senior stakeholders.
- Have a point of view on sustainability including key trends, best practices and challenges and opportunities for change.
- Be able to navigate complex client challenges (even if you don’t know the answer) and lead a team and project partners to success.
What this role can offer:
This is a unique opportunity for the right person. By joining the team at Edge, your work will be:
- Impactful: drive real solutions based on science by working with our technical experts.
- Varied: work with organisations of all shapes and sized across traditional, new and emerging sustainability issues and solutions.
- Focused on long term development: investment in training and edevelopment.
- Balanced: a strong culture of work-life balance, including established flexibility arrangements.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the role. Responses should include:
- Your preference for full time or part time work during the duration of the fixed term contract.
- Your appetite for a permanent position following the 6 month, fixed term contract.
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing, at a minimum, how you meet the requirements of the role.
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com as soon as possoble. Please do not delay as we will appoint this role quickly. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Our commitment to equal opportunity
At Edge, we believe wholeheartedly that the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives, and that just like in nature, diversity leads to better outcomes. We are also convinced that these diverse minds and perspectives are vitally needed to help truly solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. That’s why we hire and operate without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.