Status: Full time, permanent position
Location: Melbourne preferable but would consider Sydney
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Head of Sustainability Delivery
About Edge Environment
As Australia’s largest independent sustainability consultancy and a certified B-Corp, we exist to help our clients tackle some of world’s toughest challenges. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take real action and do well by doing good.
We specialise in helping companies measure, understand and manage the environmental and social impacts of their products, services and operations. We pride ourselves on offering evidence-based solutions, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and partners. Our own commitment to our mission is demonstrated by our status as a B Corp, and by being part of a handful of Australian companies to have put in place a verified Science Based Target to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Our team members are passionate change agents for a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
The Sustainability Delivery (SD) team is a group of talented and passionate people with architectural, engineering, law and environmental science backgrounds. SD team has a reputation for delivering high quality sustainability project work with clients including government agencies, developers, construction companies and asset owners. We work at all stages in the project lifecycle with our clients, from strategic business case right through to assuring the sustainability credentials of projects against sustainability rating tools.
The core responsibility of the role is to deliver high value sustainability project work for clients in the fast evolving Australian infrastructure sectors. The person we are looking for will have a wealth of experience in infrastructure sustainability with strong experience in the practical application of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme. The work will also focus on supporting delivery of sustainable solutions from planning and design, to construction and operation. The responsibilities of this role will include analytical work as well as preparation of project deliverables and proposals.
This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in distinctive projects working alongside companies that are sustainability leaders in the infrastructure and property sectors. We have a large number of varied and impactful projects and are looking for people who are are ready to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
Essential skills, experience, attributes
- Minimum ten years experience in a similar role, with a particular focus on delivering sustainability across infrastructure projects.
- Working knowledge of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) Rating Scheme as a means of demonstrating and benchmarking industry performance.
- Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professionals (ISAP).
- Excellent analytical skills, report writing and attention to detail.
- A confident nature and be excited to work for some of the most significant infrastructure projects in Australia and New Zealand.
- An appetite to develop industry networks and cultivate your business development skills with support from the Edge team.
- Knowledge of energy, water and material modeling and life cycle assessments will be desirable.
- The ability to lead business development activities by identifying potential clients and projects, meeting with clients and preparing proposals for new work or variations to current work.
Key Position Holder Attributes
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration and strong team dynamic.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Willing to travel as required.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Working in a agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the essential skills/experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing, at a minimum, how you meet the essential requirements.
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than Sunday, 26th September 2021. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Our commitment to equal opportunity
At Edge, we believe wholeheartedly that the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives, and that just like in nature, diversity leads to better outcomes. We are also convinced that these diverse minds and perspectives are vitally needed to help truly solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. That’s why we hire and operate without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.