Status: Full time, permanent position
Location: Melbourne preferable but will consider Adelaide, Sydney or Auckland
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Head of Circular Economy and Lifecycle Thinking
About Edge Environment
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company focused on the Asia-Pacific and Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take ambitious action, and do well by doing good.
We support our clients by working across six areas and can deliver from a global perspective because of our ongoing expansion:
- Sustainability leadership and communications
- Sustainability strategy
- Carbon and climate resilience
- Circular economy and lifecycle thinking
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Sustainability delivery
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps of sustainability leadership, and from strategy to on-the-ground implementation. Our team members are passionate change agents for a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
Primary purpose of this role
Edge has worked on some of the most exciting sustainability projects in the world, with ambitious clients spanning sectors from property and infrastructure to food and consumer goods. This role provides an opportunity to work on unique projects that may originate in one geographic location but be delivered by you and the team from another. If you have some clarity and ambition for your career, have a global perspective, and can demonstrate strong communication and collaborative skills, this role is a genuine opportunity for growth and development.
Reporting to the Business Unit Head for the Circular Economy and Lifecycle Thinking (CELT) team, this role will contribute to the impact of the CELT team and related service offerings for Edge. The role represents an opportunity to build on existing business and to contribute to expansion into new markets, services and geographies. You will be adaptable and able to balance priorities spanning delivery, business development and team management.
It will also be your responsibility to ensure high quality sustainability project work is delivered for Clients across diverse and growing areas within our business, with special focus on leading the Cirular Economy business.
Current Circular Economy services include:
- Circular economy policy and research
- Circular economy strategy
- Circular business model design and implementation
- Material flow analysis and circularity measurement
Essential skills & experience
- 8-10 years experience in sustainability or economics, at least 2 years in circular economy
- Consulting experience
- Delivered circular economy projects (strategic roadmap, policy, procurement, opportunity study, circular business models)
- Ideally bring one of these industries expertise and a network: infrastructure/built environment or government or FMCG or Food sector
- Track record in business development
- Ability to lead and upskill team
- Strong stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills
- Excellent report writing, analytical skills (including Microsoft Excel expertise) and attention to detail.
- You are also expected to develop strong industry networks, build client rapport and contribute to the Edge learning and sharing environment. It is also expected that you will be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture and be self-driven and ambitious in driving your professional development as the opportunities arise.
Key Position Holder Attributes
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration and strong team dynamic.
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships.
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture.
- Willing to travel as required.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development.
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Opportunities for career development.
- Working in a agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the essential skills / experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing, at a minimum, how you meet the essential requirements.
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6.00pm, Sunday 10th October 2021. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Our commitment to equal opportunity
At Edge, we believe wholeheartedly that the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives, and that just like in nature, diversity leads to better outcomes. We are also convinced that these diverse minds and perspectives are vitally needed to help truly solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. That’s why we hire and operate without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.