Status: Casual position or fixed term contract
Location: Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Start date: Immediate
Reports to: Global Business Services Manager
Edge Environment is Australia’s largest independent sustainability consultancy and a certified B-Corp. We’re all about creating positive impact, by combining science, strategy and storytelling in unique and wonderful ways, that give our clients the confidence to take real action and do well, by doing good.
Established in 2008, we operate across Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Auckland, Santiago and the United States. We work with private and ASX-listed businesses, multiple levels of government, NGOs and purposeful start-ups to develop sustainability solutions at all scales from products to cities to regions and global brands.
Who we’re looking for:
With so many organisations now looking to put sustainability at the heart of what they do, we are on the look-out for a purpose-oriented legal professional to support our business by accelerating our positive impact. You’ll be a core member of our Business Services team which provides support across all delivery streams giving you scope to build and develop your understanding of sustainability in practice.
You’ll be highly motivated and keen to put your legal nous to good use. You’ll balance sage advice-giving with a knack for written and verbal communication simplifying legalese into practical actions. You’ll love getting into the detail and understand the value strong project governance, legal considerations and due diligence can bring to an organisation like Edge.
Whilst knowledge of sustainability, project management and consulting is desirable, these are secondary to your ability to build great relationships with our team and clients, whilst providing sound legal perspectives and advice that align with our business objectives.
- Assisting with the execution of project contracts, non-disclosure agreements, memorandums of understanding, associate and subcontractor agreements, and other client and project related legal instruments.
- Providing relevant and effective legal advice on matters relating to project delivery.
- Building strong working relationships with the Edge team and clients, driving forward our impact agenda.
- Work collaboratively and diligently with team members and their project timelines, sharing your knowledge and insight contributing constructively to our purpose agenda.
- Managing documentation and producing accurate contract notes and files and monitoring for further action.
- Developing and maintaining a library of standard legal content and templates to support the legal processes across the business.
- Supporting our quality assurance processes and protocols through proof-reading and review of key contract documentation.
- Assisting with general legal enquiries and proactively seeking additional information where appropriate.
- You’ll be an experienced legal support professional, with relevant legal qualifications or pursuing the same.
- You’ll offer at least two years relevant experience drawn from working within a legal firm, an in-house legal role, or consulting practice.
- You’ll have a strong desire to use your skills for good and create positive impact.
- You’ll pair your outstanding written and verbal communication skills with great relationship building approaches and a thirst to learn
- You’ll have a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and see yourself as a potential trusted advisor to colleagues.
- You’ll have a proven track record of working autonomously, with solid project management experience or aptitude with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience in corporate/commercial law would be viewed favorably.
What this role can offer:
- This is a unique opportunity for the right person. By joining the team at Edge, your work will be:
- Impactful: Assist your colleagues to deliver projects that provide real solutions based on science.
- Varied: work with organisations of all shapes and sizes across tradition, new and emerging sustainability issues and solutions.
- Balanced: a strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility in how you deliver your work.
Applications should be concise and relate directly to the requirements of the role as we would like you to provide:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page), addressing, at a minimum, how you meet the essential requirements.
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com as soon as possible. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Our commitment to equal opportunity
At Edge, we believe wholeheartedly that the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives, and that just like in nature, diversity leads to better outcomes. We are also convinced that these diverse minds and perspectives are vitally needed to help truly solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. That’s why we hire and operate without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.