Status: 12 month parental leave cover, flexible working options
Location: Australia or New Zealand
Start date: November / Deccember
Reports to: ANZ Managing Director
About Edge Environment
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company focused on the Asia-Pacific and Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand, USA and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take ambitious action, and do well by doing good.
We support our clients by working across six areas and can deliver from a global perspective because of our ongoing expansion:
- Sustainability leadership and communications
- Sustainability strategy
- Carbon and climate resilience
- Circular economy and lifecycle thinking
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Sustainability delivery
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps of sustainability leadership, and from strategy to on-the-ground implementation. Our team members are passionate change agents for a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
The primary purpose of this role is to coordinate and increase the impact of the Carbon & Climate Resilience (CCR) team and service offering for Edge. This includes team management, developing and delivering against the business plan, thinking strategically about emerging opportunities and forecasting resource requirements for the service area.
Current service offerings in the business unit include:
- Carbon footprint analysis and abatement modelling
- Emission reduction target and pathway development
- TCFD analysis and reporting
- Climate change risk assessment
- Urban greening and cooling strategies
- Land cover and heat island analysis
The role represents an opportunity to build on existing business and also steer expansion into new markets, services and geographies. The right candidate will be adaptable and able to balance priorities spanning delivery, business development and team management. This is a senior leadership role and requires exceptional people management skills.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Minimum ten years’ relevant experience in sustainability
- Ability to manage, lead and resource a team
- A track record of setting and delivering against sales, revenue and quality targets
- A growth mindset and an understanding of the consulting environment
- Extensive networks and business development skills
- Ability to provide technical direction and assurance, quality review and project management across the range of CCR service offerings
Key position holder attributes
- Committed to Edge’s corporate values and mission
- Foster a positive environment for collaboration and strong team dynamic
- Attention to detail regarding client needs, possible solutions and relationships
- Willing to be cooperative and participate with your colleagues to enhance the Edge culture
- Be self-driven and ambitious to further your professional development as opportunities arise
- Willing to travel as required
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values
- Opportunities for career development and to influence the direction of the business
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
If this role speaks to you and you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria (as well as bringing your own unique skills), we’d like to receive your application. Applications should be concise and relate directly to the essential skills / experience outlined above. Responses should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing, at a minimum, how you meet the essential requirements.
- A CV summarising your relevant employment history, experience and education. Please include contact details for two referees.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6.00pm, Sunday 17th October 2021. Applicants shortlisted for further assessment will be contacted for an interview.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Our commitment to equal opportunity
At Edge, we believe wholeheartedly that the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives, and that just like in nature, diversity leads to better outcomes. We are also convinced that these diverse minds and perspectives are vitally needed to help truly solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. That’s why we hire and operate without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.