Status: Expression of Interest for Sustainable and Ethical Procurement Consultants talent pool
Location: A nationally focused role with flexibility to work from Auckland, Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney
Level: Consultant, Senior and Principal Consultant level
About Edge Environment
Established in 2008, Edge is a specialist sustainability advisory company focused on the Asia-Pacific and Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take ambitious action, and do well by doing good.
We support our clients by working across six areas and can deliver from a global perspective because of our ongoing expansion:
- Sustainability leadership and communications
- Sustainability strategy
- Carbon and climate resilience
- Circular economy and lifecycle thinking
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Sustainability delivery
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps of sustainability leadership, and from strategy to on-the-ground implementation. Our team members are passionate change agents for a more sustainable future, and we provide them with the opportunity to work on impactful and innovative projects with some of Australia’s most high profile and environmentally ambitious organisations.
The Opportunity and Roles
Across the sustainability spectrum – from Science Based Targets to circular economy and modern slavery mitigation – one key theme always emerges: every dollar you spend has an impact. A big proportion of most organisations’ environmental and social impacts derive from their operations and supply chains, making procurement the heart of any effective sustainability strategy and implementation. Our job in the Sustainable and Ethical Procurement team is to make navigating what can feel like a daunting task of increasing sustainability and transparency in supply chains manageable and achievable. We help our clients clearly understand social and environmental risks by taking the time to understand our client’s teams, their challenges and needs to ensure we deliver sustainable procurement solutions that are practical and implemented. Our experience spans a wide range of organisations – from global events and multinational corporations to local councils – ensuring that we help clients of all kinds build the systems and processes they need to meet best practice standards and align with relevant legislation.
Want to change the world AND leverage your procurement experience? Our Sustainable & Ethical Procurement team will continue to grow in the coming months and because of this, Edge wants to hear from you if you are interested in working with a company like us as well as our inspiring and driven clients. The Sustainable & Ethical Pocurement talent pool is for those seeking a position, at any level, within the next 6 to 18 months. Even if you’re not ready to move now, if you send through your CV, we will reach out and keep you abreast of opportunities at Edge so you can pick up, if and when you want to.
We want to be ready to bring in the most interested, collaborative and experienced people into our team and want to hear from you if you have skills and project experience aligned with some or all of the following areas:
- Sustainable Procurement:
- (Sustainable) procurement strategy, policy and process development
- Understanding of the full procurement lifecycle to identify opportunities to embed sustainability into an organisation
- Category management and category plan development
- Application of risk, opportunity and criticality in a procurement context
- Evaluation methodologies
- Supplier and supply chain engagement and management
- Contracting and contract management
- Understanding of supply chain risk
- Understanding of ESG/sustainability risk and opportunities in the supply chain
- Familiar with ISO20400Procurement technology and systems
2. Modern Slavery:
- Modern slavery and human rights risk assessment and prioritisation
- Risk mitigation roadmaps and implementation support
- Remediation and other policy development
- Reporting and evaluation frameworks
- Modern slavery statements
- Staff and supplier training
3. Social Procurement:
- Social procurement opportunities analysis
- Social procurement framework/policy development and implementation
- Product social impact analysis
- Social impact measurement
Again, if you have some clarity and ambition for your career, have a global perspective, and can demonstrate strong communication and collaborative skills, we have roles that will open in the coming months that we would like to discuss with you. By sending in your CV, the Edge team can reach out directly with opportunities that relate to your experience, that bring a deeper perspective to the work you do and allow you to have the best time in doing so with a compeitive employee package.
As part of our team you will benefit from:
- Ongoing investment in training and development and genuine opportunities for career development.
- Exposure to a broad range of industries and sectors
- Developing and implementing best practice sustainable procurement initiatives
- Utilising critical thinking and innovative problem solving skills daily
- No day is ever the same –the opportunity to be involved in diverse projects
- A strong culture of work-life balance including established flexibility arrangements.
- Working for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
- Working in a small and agile team with a high level of independence.
- Building networks and creating new business opportunities.
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
- Harnessing the power of procurement to deliver positive social and environmental impacts to directly contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals
Please send through an introductory email to Tara Nolan (email@example.com) along with your cv and contact details, and we’ll touch base. Please outline where your skills and experience meet the outlined areas of interest mentioned above.
Our commitment to equal opportunity
At Edge, we believe wholeheartedly that the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives, and that just like in nature, diversity leads to better outcomes. We are also convinced that these diverse minds and perspectives are vitally needed to help truly solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. That’s why we hire and operate without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.