About Edge Environment
Sustainable practices are no longer just a nice-to-have. Critical competitive advantage is now found in efficiencies, and a brand’s potency is now bolstered or weakened by its social responsibility agenda.
Edge is a consultancy that helps clients to ingrain sustainability into their cultures, both for responsible and commercial performance. This helps our client companies deliver business value that is both impressive and inspiring for its communities.
Edge is scientifically and technically rigorous in its approach, as well as highly experienced, which is why we always get great results for our clients. But more importantly, we understand that it is collaboration with similar, purposeful individuals and companies that drives real change.
That’s why we leverage both our expertise and our relationships to solve problems in unusual ways. After all, one client’s waste is another client’s building material.
We are passionate about what we do, and the positive impact it can have. Edge strives consistently to unearth win/win situations for our clients, their companies and the planet. But don’t just take our word for it.
Consistency with our values is fundamental to achieving our mission. Edge are committed to:
- The highest quality work and providing excellent value for our clients
- Practical use of the best available science and knowledge
- Creating an environment that supports, develops and values our team
- Practicing sustainability within our own operations
Edge’s commitment to excellence is illustrated by its
- First Australian based organisation with approved science-based carbon mitigation target, in line with the level of decarbonization required to keep global temperature increase below 2 degrees Celsius
- Organisational Leadership in Infrastructure – Sustainability Award by ISCA in 2016 for the organisation that exhibits the most outstanding performance, leadership and greatest contribution to advancing infrastructure sustainability in Australasia
- B Corp certified since 2016, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problem
- Corporate Social Responsibility supplier of the year by Yum! Australia in 2015
- Recognition for Excellence in Environmental Practice, by the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ) in October 2013.
Edge are corporate members or have staff membership(s) in the:
Edge is a member of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia, and technical working group members
Edge is a Technical Partner of the Supply Chain Sustainability School
Edge is a Certified B Corporation®.
Edge is a member or the GBCA, and contributes to Green Star’s Technical Advisory Group
Edge is a partner of the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production patterns (10YFP)
Edge is a member and contributes to the board of the Australian LCA Society
Edge is a member of the Life Cycle Initiative – a public-private, multi-stakeholder partnership enabling the global use of credible life cycle knowledge by private and public decision makers.
Edge is a signatory of City Switch
Edge directors are trained/members of the Australian Institute of Company Directors