Established in 2008, Edge is a full service sustainability consultancy focused on Asia-Pacific and the Americas. Our teams are based in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and Chile.
We exist to help our clients create value from tackling one of the world’s most fundamental challenges: creating truly sustainable economies and societies. We do this by combining science, strategy and storytelling in a way that gives our clients the confidence to take ambitious action, and do well by doing good.
We support our clients by working across six areas:
- Sustainability leadership and communications
- ESG and sustainability strategy
- Carbon and climate resilience
- Circular economy and lifecycle thinking
- Sustainable and ethical procurement
- Sustainable delivery
In bringing together these diverse services, we are perfectly placed to guide clients from first steps to sustainability leadership, and from strategy through to on-the-ground implementation.
You may think all sustainability consultancies are the same. We’d like to think otherwise. Here are a few of the things that set us apart…
- Unmatched breadth and depth: Our team includes specialists from a wide range of disciplines, with project experience that spans many sectors. As a result, we can help you no matter where you are on your sustainability journey.
- What you see is what you get: The people whose photos you see in our proposals are the same ones that will work on your project. If we’ve promised you our top consultants, that’s who you’ll get.
- We’re thought leaders: We want to change the world. That means we continuously invest in research and innovation, and are regularly at the forefront of industry initiatives. We then bring that expertise back into projects to benefit you.
- We practice what we preach: It’s no good telling you how you can do better if we’re not doing it ourselves. That’s why we’re a BCorp, have a verified Science Based Target, and are striving to become a zero-waste business.
- International capability, local knowledge: Over the years, we’ve worked with leading businesses from all over the world. We know what global best practice looks like, but we also understand the importance of your specific, local context.
Everything we do has to align with our values, which are central to who we are, and how we want to work….
- Client focused: Our impact and purpose is delivered through our clients’ success.
- Passionate and innovative: We’re personally committed to creating change, so we’re always looking to push boundaries.
- Collaborative and solutions oriented: The best outcomes come when we combine perspectives, experiences and expertise.
- Courageous and humble: We act boldly and speak our minds, but leave our egos at the door.
Our Memberships & Partnerships
Edge is a member of the Infrastructure Sustainability Council, and a technical working group member. ISC helps generate social, environmental and economic returns for society by working closely with industry to embed sustainability in every aspect of our horizontal infrastructure and benefit people living in Australia, Aotearoa New Zealand and beyond.
Edge is a Technical Partner of Planet Ark’s Australian Circular Economy Hub. ACE Hub’s mission is to facilitate the transition to a circular economy in Australia. It aims to be the focal point for all things circular in Australia — a platform for sharing information and inspiration, and for celebrating the efforts of all those working towards this vital transition.
Edge is a Certified B Corporation®. Over 390 companies across Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand are Certified B Corporations, and are part of a movement of more than 4,800 B Corps around the world. B Lab is the not-for-profit network transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet.
Edge is a member of the Green Building Council of Australia and contributes to Green Star’s Technical Advisory Group. GBCA’s purpose is to lead the sustainable transformation of the built environment. This is achieved through the four key pillars of activity – certification, education, advocacy and collaboration.
Edge is a partner of the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production patterns (10YFP). This is a global framework for action to enhance international cooperation and accelerate the shift towards sustainable consumption and production (SCP) patterns in both developed and developing countries.
Edge is a member and contributes to the board of the Australian Life Cycle Assessment Society. ALCAS is Australia’s peak professional organisation for people involved in the use and development of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), management and thinking.
Edge is a member of the Life Cycle Initiative – a public-private, multi-stakeholder partnership enabling the global use of credible life cycle knowledge by private and public decision makers.
Edge is a signatory of CitySwitch. CitySwitch helps office-based businesses to improve their energy and waste efficiency. It provides access to a wide network of other companies also taking steps to improve their sustainability.
Edge directors are trained by/members of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. They are committed to strengthening society through world-class governance and aim to be the independent and trusted voice of governance, building the capability of a community of leaders.
Edge is a member of the United Nations Global Compact – an initiative to gather businesses around the world and encourage them to align their operations with universal sustainability principles. This is a voluntary initiative based on CEO commitments to implement universal sustainability principles and to take steps to support UN goals.
Edge’s partnership with SupplyShift brings together expertise in sustainability and technology to create responsible supplier networks and deliver supply chain transparency. We support organisations to help them understand their supply chain impacts and proactively work with suppliers to implement responsible sourcing strategies.
Recognising the increased need for climate change impact reporting with a greater focus on financial analysis, sustainability services consultancy Edge Environment has partnered with Frontier Economics, a long-standing economics advisory firm to help advise businesses on their climate-related financial risks and opportunities.
Edge is proud to be an Investor for Impact of the Sustainable Business Network. SBN is New Zealand’s largest, longest-standing sustainable business organisation. They are a social enterprise, a community and a movement. Our role is to transform leading ideas into action in Aotearoa.
Edge is currently a partner of the Carbon and Energy Professionals New Zealand. CEP’s purpose is to address climate change through inspiring, educating and connecting energy, carbon and sustainability professionals.
Edge is a member of the New Zealand Green Building Council, demonstrating commitment to green building practices in New Zealand. NZGBC’s vision is for all homes and buildings in Aotearoa to be green and sustainable, making healthier, happier New Zealanders.
Edge is a member of the Lifecycle Association of New Zealand which provides a focal point for Life Cycle Assessment and Management work conducted in New Zealand. They promote and raise the awareness of Life Cycle Thinking amongst the wider public and business is another key goal of LCANZ.